Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thy Glorious Path of Love !


All sensory enjoyments are transient and fleeting
Think of the loss of Ayus ( longevity ) !

There was once a king, Purooravas called,
Who fell in love with the beauteous Urvashi
Urvashi told him we women are selfish
To us end always justifies the means !
We even kill our brethren or paramour
Never ever befriend us at all
Ignoring her advice the King went on
Living with her and enjoying Life
Years passed by; and one day the Vox Dei
Conscience dominated the king's mind

" What a fool I was", he lamented
To have sunk myself in pleasures sensory
I did not know the loss of Ayus
Of time elapsed; if Self Actualisation be
The Goal of life, why didnt I strive
For that goal, why ever didnt I
Yearn for the Supreme' Grace, without which
None had ever attained to Salvation !
Forgive O Lord and take me into Thy fold"

He sought the company of the Wise
And learnt the glory of Wisdom and of Love
The Self's dominant qualities; from Masters
He knew that life is but a dream
A dream housed in the Universal Mind !

He attained Thy Glorious Path
Of Love Primal and actualised
Immortality or everlasting fame !
Make me O Lord, such a devotee !

No comments: